This inexpensive starfish themed gift idea is the perfect idea for someone who loves the beach! My budget was $15.00 and I think I was able to find some pretty unique items to fit my budget.
I’ll share, at the end of this post, some inexpensive options you can create or get to include in a starfish themed gift of your own. See what I found!
INEXPENSIVE STARFISH THEMED GIFT IDEA
MY BUDGET: $15.00 ~ SPENT: $13.31
- Photo box ~ Michael’s for $3.33
- Candle holder ~ Kohl’s for $4.99
- Starfish ornament ~ Tuesday Morning for 4.99
I found the unique starfish ornament at Tuesday Morning during a Christmas season. It’s made with lots of seed beads and tiny shells. It was a great find!
I found the shell candle holder at Kohl’s during a summer 50% off sale.
Craft stores, like Michael’s, always carry photo boxes and I found mine during a 3 for $9.99 sale. Photo boxes are awesome to use as gift boxes. My starfish ornament and candle holder fit inside perfectly.
HOW I MADE MY GIFT TAG ~ 3 STEPS
1. FIND A STARFISH IMAGE: I was time crunched by the time I was ready to give my gift, so I quickly did a Google search to find a starfish outline. You can design the tag on Canva.com or in wordperfect. I always use Canva.com.
GENERAL CANVA INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the image to your computer
- Open Canva.com
- Select your starfish size, upload image, and add text
- Download the finished starfish design
- Open computer download and use printer to print on card stock
- Cut the design to your desired shape.
For thorough Canva instructions, search Google for “Canva tutorial.”
2. HIGHLIGHT THE TAG: Use a metallic gold Sharpie marker (I love this marker!) to highlight the gift tag edges and also the starfish. Punch a hole in your tag and it’s ready to tie on your gift.
3. TWINE FOR WRAPPING: I thought the twine looked the best out of all my wrapping supplies I had on hand, so I used it to tie up the box. I made a “bow” by cutting and tying on short pieces of twine. Overall, I was happy with how my starfish themed gift idea turned out!
IDEAS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN STARFISH THEMED GIFT:
- CREATE ~ H2O Bungalow has a great idea for making starfish wall art.
- PURCHASE ~ These starfish paper products are awesome and inexpensive from Party City: Plates and Napkins
- CREATE ~ This free starfish printable from All Crafty Things just needs a frame.
- PURCHASE ~ Shop for starfish ornaments during a Christmas season since most stores always carry beachy Christmas themes. Don’t forget to use a coupon. A couple of stores to try are Kohl’s or Hobby Lobby.
Has this idea provided you with some inspiration to make your own starfish themed gift?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE THEMED GIFT IDEAS:
Sharing this post at these fabulous blogs!