My DIY starfish themed gift idea is perfect for someone who loves the beach. Your beachcomber friend or family member is sure to love a fun gift like this one!
Themed gifts are enjoyable to put together and can be on any scale you choose to fit your budget. Also, finding perfect items for your theme can be a fun challenge, especially if you choose an uncommon theme.
So that you’ll be able to start a starfish themed gift yourself, I’ll be sharing many options, at the end of this post, that you can either get crafty and make yourself, or ideas of items that can be purchased and where.
DIY STARFISH THEMED GIFT IDEA
To learn more about my DIY themed gifts you can read the following 2 posts where I share all of my secrets and tips:
MY BUDGET AND WHAT I PURCHASED:
Sometimes I really go all out for themed gifts on a much larger scale, but for this particular one, I needed to keep it small since my budget was only $15.00.
I only spent $13.31 and my gift still looks great even on a small budget!
I found the unique starfish ornament at Tuesday Morning during a Christmas season for $4.99. It’s made with lots of seed beads and tiny shells. It looks expensive and I was thrilled to find it!
The starfish candle holder was purchased at Kohl’s during a summer 50% off sale for $4.99. It’s so pretty!
Craft stores, like Michael’s, always carry photo boxes and I found mine during a 3 for $9.99 sale. (I’ve noticed that they’re more expensive now for 2022.)
Photo boxes are awesome to use as gift boxes. My starfish ornament and candle holder fit inside perfectly. I thought this starfish box was a unique find and couldn’t get it in my cart fast enough!
You can make your own gift tag in Canva or Wordperfect. To find a starfish image, Goggle ‘starfish outline image.’ Print your design on cardstock, cut out a gift tag shape, and punch a hole in tag.
I used a gold metallic Sharpie marker to highlight the gift tag edges and the starfish. Twine was used to secure the box like you would using ribbon.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN STARFISH THEMED GIFT
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
STARFISH CRAFTING SUPPLY OPTIONS:
Here are some suggestions and craft supplies you can use to create your own gifts.
- From the photos below, the 10-piece starfish set can be used to adorn a wreath.
- The punch tool makes paper starfish that can be mod podged on unfinished wood or paper mache boxes.
- I love the starfish stencil and I’m going to add that to my own crafting list!
STARFISH CRAFT IDEAS TO MAKE:
- Starfish Framed Art tutorial using drift wood and a starfish ~ The Country Chic Cottage
- Button Starfish Wall Art use buttons to make a starfish shape ~ Crafts by Amanda
- DIY starfish wreath tutorial using yarn and starfish ~ Crafts by Courtney
- Shell Starfish Craft use seashells to make a starfish shape ~ Woodpeckers Blog
- Starfish Christmas Ornaments tutorial using glitter, beads, and pearls ~ Craft Klatch
STARFISH GIFT IDEAS TO PURCHASE:
I hope all the ideas listed have given you lots of inspiration to put together your own DIY starfish themed gift!
MORE THEMED GIFT IDEAS:
Sharing this post at these fabulous blogs!