I started this cherry and gingham gift basket idea for a friend a while back, and I was able to find a good assortment of gifts that fit the theme to include in my basket.
As always, I start my gift themes earlier than needed so I can find good deals like I talked about in my post, “how to build a themed gift on a budget.”
Check out the items that I purchased and how I “wrapped” my theme, so you can get ideas to create your own themed gift basket!
At the end of this post, I’ve included some cherry and gingham ideas that you can create yourself if you want to get crafty, and ideas from websites that sell cherry or gingham products at inexpensive prices.
CHERRY AND GINGHAM GIFT BASKET IDEA
MY BUDGET: $25.00 ~ SPENT: $24.65
- Basket – Hobby Lobby – $3.99
- Melamine plates – JC Penny – $1.99 each
- Melamine tray – JC Penny – $5.99
- Melamine bowls – Christmas Tree Shops – $1.99 each
- Paper plates – Tuesday Morning – $1.99
- Paper napkins – Tuesday Morning – $1.99
- Frame – resale shop – $2.00
- Hand soap – Bath & Body Shop – $2.00
- Dial soap – Walmart – $1.50
- Applesauce – Walmart – $2.00
- Jello – Walmart – $1.20
Yay! I made it under budget. Okay, just by pennies, but still under budget!
CHERRY AND GINGHAM ITEMS I PURCHASED:
I found these paper napkins and plates at Tuesday Morning. They actually started my whole cherry themed idea.
Sticking with the gingham theme, I found the red gingham melamine bowls during a summer season at The Christmas Tree Shops.
I found this hand painted cherry frame while I was thrifting at a local resale shop. It’s so cute and I love that it’s handmade!
I purchased the cherry blossom hand soaps for super cheap, one at a Bath & Body Works sale and the other one at Walmart.
Sometimes it’s fun to add some food to a gift basket when it fits your theme, even if the gift is not all food related. Of course, it was super easy finding the cherry Jello and Mott’s cherry applesauce.
The red gingham and burlap basket was perfect for placing all my gifts.
I purchased the basket at an after Christmas sale at Hobby Lobby, and I got it discounted even more because one handle had become detached.
Using a hot glue gun, I reattached the handle and it was good as new!
CHERRY AND GINGHAM GIFT BASKET IDEA
- paper bag
- kraft paper crinkle stuffing
- baker’s twine
- pinking shears
I cut the paper bags using some scrapbooking notched scissors. The notched bag top gave the bag some shape after the hand soaps were inserted and tied with the baker’s twine.
I thought using shredded kraft paper to fill around the gifts looked good with the burlap on the basket. The Dollar Tree carries bags of shredded paper in multiple colors.
IDEAS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN CHERRY GIFT BASKET
Summer would be the optimal time to search for cherry products in retail stores, but below are some ideas you can make yourself or purchase online.
- Print a cherry image from The Graphics Fairy, and frame it as wall art for an inexpensive gift.
- Purchase a glass item(s) from the Dollar Store and hand paint cherries on the glass. Here are tips and a tutorial for painting on glass from Plaid Online.
- Download inexpensive cherry digital scrapbook paper from Etsy and use the paper to create a set of notecards, decoupage a paper mache box, etc..
- Birthday Direct website has red gingham products to choose from.
- Target online has
red gingham paper napkins30 count for $3.00.
- Walmart online has
gingham dinner paper plates8 count for $2.75
- Oriental Trading has red gingham paper products to choose from.
I hope you got lots inspiration for creating you own cherry and gingham gift basket!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO SEE THESE THEMED GIFT IDEAS:
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK FOR BLOG UPDATES!
Sharing this cherry themed gift idea at the the following fabulous blogs: