This week, I came up with some Dollar Tree Christmas gift wrapping ideas. They were still unboxing their Christmas inventory, but I was able to piece together a wrapping theme that I liked. I think it all turned out looking more expensive than what I paid for in my wrap supplies.
BONUS DIY WRAPPING CRAFT: I got crafty on one of the gift bags and added some ribbon embellishment. I’ve provided the supplies and instructions near the bottom of this post. It’s a quick and easy peasy craft!
DOLLAR TREE CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS
I always like to have a little theme going on to pull a wrapping idea together and for this one I used:
COLORS: Red, silver, and brown kraft paper
PATTERNS: Polka dots and stripes
WRAPPING SUPPLIES PURCHASED:
- 1 roll of polka dotted kraft paper (have leftovers)
- 1 set of 2 kraft paper bags (only used one)
- 1 polka dotted kraft bag
- 1 tall shiny bag
- 1 set of 2 red/silver curly cue bows
- 1 set of 2 silver curly cue bows (only used one)
- 2 big striped bows
- 2 rolls of mesh ribbon (have leftovers)
- 1 roll of silver glitter ribbon (have leftovers)
- 1 bag of foil pipe cleaners (have leftovers)
Taking into consideration I had leftovers for some of the supplies, I only spent $8.00 to nicely wrap 4 gifts. I already had on hand a gift box and tissue paper, but Dollar Tree stocks those as well if needed.
ROLL OF POLKA DOTTED KRAFT PAPER
My favorite wrap that I purchased was the roll of polka dotted kraft paper that I found in the regular wrap section. I’m loving it! (Update 2020 – I still find this paper in some DTs.)
I still have lots left over to use in the future like I did when I created my DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Decor. It will fit any holiday or occasion, just change up the color scheme accordingly.
I tied on pieces of the mesh ribbon and chose the big bow. The striped bow was in the regular wrap section. They have other pretty colors, too. The mesh ribbon was in the Christmas section.
POLKA DOTTED KRAFT BAG
The polka dotted kraft bag is really nice looking. I found it in the back of the store in the regular wrap section. They also had the same style in gold and silver polka dots if you’re interested.
I added some mesh ribbon, the big bow, and I curled some pipe cleaners and stuck them inside the bag.
TALL AND SKINNY BAG
For the tall and skinny bag, I added one curly cue bow, a strip of mesh ribbon, and I curled up some pipe cleaners and stuck them inside the bag.
BONUS – RIBBON BAG CRAFT
RIBBON EMBELLISHED BAG SUPPLIES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Mod Podge
- Foam craft brush
- Kraft Bag
I embellished the plain kraft bag with silver glitter ribbon. The kraft bag was a set of 2 found in the regular gift wrap section and the ribbon was in the Christmas section.
1. Cut 4 ribbon strips to fit your bag size. My Dollar Tree has two kraft bag sizes and I used the larger one.
2. Lay your strips out evenly spaced on the front of your bag. Take one strip at a time and brush a light amount of glue on the back side of the ribbon, then lightly press the strip into place.
3. Continue to glue one strip at a time, carefully wiping off any excess glue. I just used my finger.
I only embellished the front of my bag, but you’ll have enough ribbon to decorate both sides if you choose that option. 2 curly cue bows were used, and I tied on strips of mesh ribbon. Yay, your bag is all done!
Did my Dollar Tree Christmas gift wrapping ideas inspire you to come up with your own gift wrap theme?
SEE MORE DOLLAR TREE PROJECTS!
Sharing my dollar tree Christmas gift wrapping ideas at these FABULOUS BLOGS!