I’m so excited to share with you today my robot craft idea for kindergarten kids to make for friends!
Not only do I show you a tutorial to make this adorable photo frame with robot stickers, but also how kids can make matching gift tags and a cute birthday card.
These craft ideas would be so cute to make and gather together as a gift for a child who loves robots, space, or aliens, or gift to a friend who’s having a robot themed birthday party.
ROBOT CRAFT IDEAS FOR KINDERGARTEN KIDS TO MAKE FOR FRIENDS
As an Amazon associate, I earn on qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE ROBOT CRAFT IDEAS
- wood photo frame
- yellow craft paint
- white craft paint
- black craft paint
- robot stickers
- 2 foam paint brushes
- new pencil for dotting
- cardstock paper
- cardstock paper
- robot stickers
HOW TO CRAFT THE ROBOT FRAME
STEP 1: PAINT THE WOOD FRAME
- Use a foam paint brush to base coat the frame white on the front, back and edges. Only one coat is needed.
- With another paint brush, paint two coats of yellow on the edges, and 3 coats on the front of the frame. I left the back side white.
- Use the end of a pencil to make dots on the outer edges of the frame.
- Oops, I forgot to take pictures of the painting steps. They would have been boring anyway, right?
TIP: A hair dryer can be used to speed up drying time in between paint coats.
STEP 2: PREPARE FOR THE FRAME INSERT
You’ll be using the cardboard frame insert of the frame as a cutting template.
It’s best to print on scrapbooking cardstock if you plan to use my free printable.
There are two options for the frame insert. You can either use one of my saying/quotes free printable or a photograph.
- If you plan to use my free printable instead of a photo of kindergarten friends, go ahead and download and print it out on cardstock.
- Cut out the square and then place the template centered within the square.
- Use a pencil to trace around the template and then cut out the square saying/quote.
- Insert the cardstock in the photo opening first and then the cardboard template last.
- If you’re going to use a photo of your child and their friend instead of the printable, you’ll still be using the cardboard template.
- Center template over portion of the photo you plan to use and trace around the template.
- Cut out photo and insert it first and then template last.
DOWNLOAD “FROM INFINITY AND BEYOND” AND “BEST FRIENDS FOREVER” ~ for personal use only
HOW TO MAKE ROBOT GIFT TAGS
My gift tag printable allows you to have tags left over to use for future gift crafting.
Download and print out gift tags. You can cut outside the black outline like I did or cut so that the black outline doesn’t show. Use a hole punch at the top of tag to allow for tying on some curling ribbon.
Peel and place the stickers on the gift tags.
DOWNLOAD THE “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” GIFT TAGS ~ for personal use only ~ the robots are stickers and will not come out printed on the tags
HOW TO MAKE A ROBOT BIRTHDAY CARD
Fold a piece of scrapbook cardstock in half and crease.
Use a ruler and markers to make lines on the birthday card and then make some dots at each end and corner.
Peel the stickers off and place in the center area.
Write “Happy Birthday” inside, sign your name and then you’re all done!
Kindergarten aged kids will have loads of fun making these robot crafts for their friends! What sticker theme do you think your child would choose?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ MY “GIFT THEME” POSTS:
I’m participating in a monthly “Creative Craft Hop” which consists of many talented bloggers who create a craft to share with all of our readers that you can replicate or get inspiration. If you’re following the bloggers in order and coming here from The Apple Street Cottage, a big welcome to you! Look for all of the additional craft links at the end of my post.
NOW, SEE WHAT THE CREATIVE CRAFT BLOGGERS ARE SHARING!
If you’re following the craft hop in order, Birdz of a Feather is next on the list, if not, visit the craft links below.
Purple Hues and Me – Cord Wrapped Tin Can Flatware Caddy
Blue Sky at Home – How to Make Pretty Planters with Vinyl
My Thrift Store Addiction – Repurposed Ceiling Medallion Whimsical Mushroom Wreath
Decorate and More with Tip – You Can Paint….WHAT?
The Painted Apron – Kentucky Derby Straws
The Apple Street Cottage – Denim Cuff Bracelets
Birdz of a Feather – Pegboard Display Stand DIY
Life as a LEO Wife – Beautiful Mother’s Day Mason Jar Sign with Free Designs & Paper Flowers
Sharing my robot photo frame craft at these fabulous blogs!